Ewe akoko as it is commonly known is a plant that has shiny dark green leaves and bears large showy terminal purple flowers. It is a familiar live-fence and has boundary tree throughout its distribution. It is often grown as an ornamental and is easily cultivated but In this article, I will be sharing with us how to use ewe Akoko to treat infertility, side effects and other health benefits of ewe akoko.
Botanical Names of ewe akoko – newbouldia laevis
1. Botanical name – Newbouldia laevis
2. Yorubas – Ewe akoko
3. Hausas – Aduruku
4. Igbo people – Ogirisi
5. English – HUG PLUM LEAF
Is Ewe akoko leaf good for women reproductive system?
This leaf is used for medicinal, herbal and aphrodisiac purposes of which I’m going to discuss in this article.
How to use ewe Akoko to treat infertility
The leaf of ewe akoko is used for infertility cases as it helps to balances the hormone, menstrual irregularity, pelvic inflammation or pelvic organ scarring and also boosts ovulation and increases your chances of getting pregnant.
What are the health benefits of ewe akoko
1. Fresh leaf of HUG PLUM LEAF can be cooked with red oil and be used during labour to facilitate easy delivery and minimize labour pains.
2. A decoction of the leaf can be gargled in the mouth for 4 to 5 minutes to treat dental caries and relieves toothache pains.
3. The bark of the tree is stomachic and analgesic.
4. It can also be used in the treatment of dysentery, diarrhoea, epilepsy, cough and convulsion.
5. The bark if sieved can be taken in form of an enema as a treatment for piles and constipation.
6. The dried and powdered bark mixed with alligator pepper can be sniffed inform of snuff to treat migraine and sinusitis.
7. The bark applied externally is use to cure wounds, ulcers and abscesses.
8. An ethanol extract of the root is used to treat intestinal problems such as worms.
9. It can also be used to treat constipation.
10. The root is effective for the treatment of arthritis and rheumatic pains.
11. HUG PLUM LEAF increases sperm count, helps to boost sperm production and quality.
14. The HUG PLUM LEAF increases blood flow to the genitals, boost penile erection and sexual performance.
15. The leaf is used in the making of black soap.
How to use newbouldia leavis to treat stomach ulcer
1. Squeeze the fresh leaves of newbouldia leavis with water and sieve.
2. Take half glass cup with a little salt two times a daily.
How to use ewe Akoko for fertility and ovulation
Pregnancy is almost absolutely impossible for women without ovulation and it’s possible to see your period and still not ovulate, this is called Anovulatory cycle but you can use fertility leaves known as EWE AKOKO to boost your fertility, ovulation, libido and increase your chances of getting pregnant.
How to take Ogirisi for fertility
1. Pluck two leaves and cook it for 5 to 10mins with ordinary water.
2. Drink a full glass cup twice daily ( morning and night)
3. Start drinking a day after your menstruation for 5days to boost ovulation and increase chances of conception.
Side effects of Ogirisi
The possible side effects of Ogirisi is low when it’s taken with the right prescription.